Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Maternity cover Year 1 Teacher
Part time (0.5FTE)
Fixed term contract to cover maternity leave
MPS (22,917-38,633) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits Package
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and committed team at The Dolphin School.
The Dolphin School is a wonderful example of a thriving inner city school that benefits from exceptionally talented teaching staff, expert governance and the support of a well-respected, hands-on and growing Trust.
We have set an ambitious vision for the future and have very high standards for what can be achieved. We are constantly striving to provide our children with an outstanding education. We take our role in raising the aspirations of our children and meeting the ambitions of our staff very seriously. We have a fantastic curriculum at the school which is enquiry led and uses the locality of the school as its basis. The children regularly explore their local environment and we welcome the community into the school.
Candidates for this post should be:
- Passionate about how children learn best with a genuine belief that all children can succeed.
- Able to demonstrate their resilience to cope with the daily challenges that working in a busy, successful inner city school can bring.
- Flexible, with a good sense of humour.
- An innovative practitioner who values and can support positive play and work as a team to resolve conflict.
- A confident professional, keen to share their knowledge and understanding with others
In addition the successful candidate will have a deep pedagogical knowledge of teaching and learning to help children realise their academic potential as well as an interest in the wider community that the school serves.
In return we can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
- Every opportunity to further your professional development and career.
- Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
- An exciting and vibrant environment, which includes a fabulous outdoor space, in which to work.
- A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
Dates for looking around the school: Thursday 10th at 11.00, Friday 11th at 4pm, Monday 14th at 2.15pm, Tuesday 15th at 5pm. Please come to the entrance on Cheltenham Road (not Bath building). Come down the sloping path to the right of the white Georgian Building.
Closing date: 21st May 2018 at 9:00am with interviews being held 25th May 2018
To Access an application form please follow the link:
The Dolphin School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.