Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Mindfulness Parent/Carer Workshop
These sessions will be to inform parents/carers about what mindfulness is all about and how they could help their children to develop mindfulness skills in a very simple way. These would include:
- Being mindful with the; soft presence, in a non-judgemental way and celebrate when children notice things
- Instead of labelling behaviours as good/bad we could observe a virtue or the energy of the thing they do
- Play with experiencing the senses and describing it, and getting involved (have fun!)
- Allowing for silence and unstructured play with open attention and curiosity.
- Offering gratitude, and sharing what you're grateful for (you're really teaching me that...)
- Play "I wish....I'm so lucky!"
- Meditating together using resources, that will be provided