Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Sports Premium funding has been guaranteed, by the current Government, until 2020. The funding is based on £8,500 per school plus £5 per pupil (years 1 and above). With 171 pupils on roll, we have funding of £8,855 for the academic year 2016-2017.
There are clear guidelines on the DfE website as to the expectations of what this money is used for:
- To increase the breadth and quality of the curriculum PE in all classes from EYFS to Year 6.
- To increase the skills and confidence of our teachers in the delivery of quality Physical Education
- To increase the PE skills of all pupils to enable secondary readiness, including children with SEN in PE.
- To increase the opportunities of pupils during lunch and play and after school
- To build access for students to sports clubs and competitions through developing our intra and inter school sport offer.
- To build links with sports clubs in the local area and region
- To invest across the period of the grant to enable sustainable practice for the future.