Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Permanent full time (37 hours per week) 8.15am – 4:15pm (Monday to Thursday), Friday – 8:15- 3:45pm. Term time only including inset days.
VTG8, SP22-25 £21,495 to £23,573 per annum, pro rata (actual salary £18,385 to £20,162 per annum) + Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package
Venturers Trust is a new Multi Academy Trust based in Bristol formed through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust in September 2017. Comprising Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school the Trust has 3,200 pupils and 700 staff.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
The Dolphin School is a new and unique inner city school with an exciting future. Every member of staff who works here has the opportunity to contribute to the creation and building of a caring, high achieving and community ethos for our school. Having opened in September 2012, there are currently 350 children on roll in Early Years, KS1 and KS2. We moved into our new school building Easter 2017. With a strong vision to develop a curriculum which utilises the incredible resources available within the City of Bristol we strive to include all stakeholders within our development as a school.
We are looking to recruit staff who are genuinely inspired to work within a strong, supportive team, delivering high quality provision for the children within our care; staff who are energised by thinking outside of the box and making learning fun and fabulous. Cross Trust working with both the secondary school and our other primary schools gives us the opportunity to share resources and expertise.
A unique and exciting role has come up at the Dolphin School. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic practitioner who has a passion for working with school-aged children. The role include the following:
• You will be working with children who need additional provision with social, emotional and behavioural support using a supportive program. You will be planning activities to help children thrive within the school environment. You will liaise with classroom teachers, other staff members and parents so that a holistic approach is used for the child. You will support individual staff members with action planning for children they work with and quality assuring those strategies. You will also work with children who are consistently late or who have poor attendance and collaborate with the Family Support Worker to help families improve attendance. At break time and lunchtime you will provide supervision and structure support for those children who find those parts of the day trickery.
• You will be involved with the paperwork and monitoring of safeguarding, attendance and behaviour. You will collate all safeguarding concerns into a chronology, respond to attendance concerns, analyse attendance data and support with referrals. You will develop your knowledge around social, emotional and behaviour support and look outside school for more complex cases.
• You will support with clubs to support child with social, emotional and behaviour difficulties. This will also be in collaboration with our Pastoral Family worker.
We are looking for someone who can develop excellent relationships with children, particularly those who need additional support. The successful candidate will need good knowledge of Word and Excel and be organised.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Higher Degree Support Funding, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
The successful candidate will have:
• GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
• NVQ3 in teaching and learning/equivalent qualification
• Recent and relevant professional development for example; Counselling or Thrive Approach
• Experience of working effectively supporting children in a learning environment.
• Experience of working with children in need of social, emotional and behavioural support with proven impact
Closing date: Wednesday 26th February 2020 at 9:00.
Interviews: Thursday 5th March 2020
Please note due to the expected volumes of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
The Dolphin School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.